May 1, 2010

Lush: Why No Bubbles?


This is a review on the Sex Bomb Bath Bomb which a bought a few weeks ago from Lush. It retails at £2.95 which personally I think is a little expensive since I used the whole thing in one go. I tried to break it up, but it didn't work? Any Ideas? I cut up my soaps and bubble bars with a hot knife but found the bath bomb did not want to do this. 

However, I do still like this product. It looks adorable with its little flower in the centre and it smells yummy [In my opinion]. It contains Yasmine, Sage and Ylang Ylang which I find very relaxing and I love the way it really 'fizzes' when under water. It makes my bath look bright pink BUT...

There were no bubbles...call me an idiot but when I put stuff in my bath I like it to make bubbles. You're all probably sat reading this thinking bath bombs aren't supposed to be bubbly!! I would then say to you...what's the point then?? 

My comforter bubble bar also smells yummy, looks good, makes my bath pink and bubbles!! It also breaks up into 6 uses making it much more cost effective. Also the little flower in this turns into a soggy hot mess?!?! I would personally remove that before use next time. 

I would repurchase this but ONLY on a special occasion since the smell is really nice and fragrant. I really feel relaxed after using this.  Perhaps I would buy it when I want an extra indulgence, like on my birthday. On a regular basis this product is just too over priced for what you get. I would much rather buy bubble bars. 




Feel free to request reviews on any of the Lush products I purchased Here



Hope this helps,




Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At May 01, 2010 , Blogger Jean said...

I hate when they stick little bits of rubbish in their products so they end up like mush in your bath and stick to you, completely ruins the atmosphere :).

 
At May 01, 2010 , Blogger Onna said...

@Jean I know...gooey mushy stuff is not nice. Sometimes keeping things simple is the best option!

 
At May 01, 2010 , Blogger Kerry! said...

id recommend any bubble bars over the bath bombs! with bubble bars you get both bubbles and a nice indulgent bath :)

 
At May 01, 2010 , Blogger steph0188 said...

I love this bath bomb, but I use mine all at once too, as they dont go very far. I dont mind that they dont bubble, I seem to go for bubble bars more at the moment because of that though. I like the colour of the water changing (kid I know) and the smell though
xxx

 
At May 01, 2010 , Blogger susiedoesbeauty said...

this is gonna sound really random but to break my bathbombs i literally tried everything[hitting it off things, throwing it on the ground] and the only thing that worked for me was to put a knife in the side if it as far as i could get it in and then bang the top of the knife with a hammer until the bath bomb split =D so i got 2-4 uses out of each bathbomb depending on how strong i wanted the scent to be =D Hope this helps you in the future =D xoxo Susie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Onna's Little Blog: Lush: Why No Bubbles?

Lush: Why No Bubbles?


This is a review on the Sex Bomb Bath Bomb which a bought a few weeks ago from Lush. It retails at £2.95 which personally I think is a little expensive since I used the whole thing in one go. I tried to break it up, but it didn't work? Any Ideas? I cut up my soaps and bubble bars with a hot knife but found the bath bomb did not want to do this. 

However, I do still like this product. It looks adorable with its little flower in the centre and it smells yummy [In my opinion]. It contains Yasmine, Sage and Ylang Ylang which I find very relaxing and I love the way it really 'fizzes' when under water. It makes my bath look bright pink BUT...

There were no bubbles...call me an idiot but when I put stuff in my bath I like it to make bubbles. You're all probably sat reading this thinking bath bombs aren't supposed to be bubbly!! I would then say to you...what's the point then?? 

My comforter bubble bar also smells yummy, looks good, makes my bath pink and bubbles!! It also breaks up into 6 uses making it much more cost effective. Also the little flower in this turns into a soggy hot mess?!?! I would personally remove that before use next time. 

I would repurchase this but ONLY on a special occasion since the smell is really nice and fragrant. I really feel relaxed after using this.  Perhaps I would buy it when I want an extra indulgence, like on my birthday. On a regular basis this product is just too over priced for what you get. I would much rather buy bubble bars. 




Feel free to request reviews on any of the Lush products I purchased Here



Hope this helps,




Labels: ,

Onna's Little Blog: Lush: Why No Bubbles?

Lush: Why No Bubbles?


This is a review on the Sex Bomb Bath Bomb which a bought a few weeks ago from Lush. It retails at £2.95 which personally I think is a little expensive since I used the whole thing in one go. I tried to break it up, but it didn't work? Any Ideas? I cut up my soaps and bubble bars with a hot knife but found the bath bomb did not want to do this. 

However, I do still like this product. It looks adorable with its little flower in the centre and it smells yummy [In my opinion]. It contains Yasmine, Sage and Ylang Ylang which I find very relaxing and I love the way it really 'fizzes' when under water. It makes my bath look bright pink BUT...

There were no bubbles...call me an idiot but when I put stuff in my bath I like it to make bubbles. You're all probably sat reading this thinking bath bombs aren't supposed to be bubbly!! I would then say to you...what's the point then?? 

My comforter bubble bar also smells yummy, looks good, makes my bath pink and bubbles!! It also breaks up into 6 uses making it much more cost effective. Also the little flower in this turns into a soggy hot mess?!?! I would personally remove that before use next time. 

I would repurchase this but ONLY on a special occasion since the smell is really nice and fragrant. I really feel relaxed after using this.  Perhaps I would buy it when I want an extra indulgence, like on my birthday. On a regular basis this product is just too over priced for what you get. I would much rather buy bubble bars. 




Feel free to request reviews on any of the Lush products I purchased Here



Hope this helps,




Labels: ,