Jun 13, 2010

New HG Summer Product - Clinique Almost Makeup




 I completely forgot I had this product and when I first got it, I never really used it. I was always a full coverage, full face kinda girl but I've had such problems with acne/blemishes on my skin. Now, I've realised how much better it looks, in the short and long term, when I wear a light foundation. So after some pondering I thought I would give this product a go! 

I love the idea of tinted moisturisers in the summer but I'm far too pale and far too oily for them to work for me. For me, this product is a great compromise. It has a good choice of fairer shades [I'm 09 Neutral Fair], its oil free and apparently waterproof, though this I am a little skeptical on. It also has the added bonus of an SPF 15, perfect for summer. [If you are out in strong sun please use extra sun protection ladies!] 

This product is not matte, but its doesn't 'glow' so its suitable for all skin types, and looks extremely natural. It doesn't shimmer or glitter [I hate glittery faces - YUCK] It just effortlessly evens out your skin tone. I like to apply with my fingers and then finish blending with a damp sponge. Its a sheer coverage so it won't cover lots of blemishes, but I like the look of a light foundation combined with a good concealer. I would also really recommend this for mature skin. I use it on my mum and she looks fab! 

Its widely available in the UK & US, and its only £20 for 45ml. [Nars Sheer Glow is £29 for 30ml] I like the packaging, but it doesn't blow me away. Its just nice and simple. The product simply squeezes out the tube. Don't forget unlike a tinted moisturiser, this product will not add tan. So if your looking for that 'bronzed goddess' look, try adding a creme bronzer. 

Hope you find this useful ladies, 


Picture Taken From The Clinique Website, Sorry I was lazy! I think my Mum & Dad bought me this for Christmas, so it wasn't send for free, obviously :) 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At June 13, 2010 , Blogger Jennifer Rosellen said...

I love this foundation in the summertime! Good review xxx

 
At June 13, 2010 , Blogger Tonia said...

Thanks for that review! Been meaning to try that one out :)
Tonia xx

 
At June 13, 2010 , Blogger Bliss said...

Good review. I must try it when I'm on a foundation spree! xxx

 
At June 17, 2010 , Blogger nicoletta said...

Hi there, just found your blog i love this as well it gives such a healthy natural look xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Onna's Little Blog: New HG Summer Product - Clinique Almost Makeup

New HG Summer Product - Clinique Almost Makeup




 I completely forgot I had this product and when I first got it, I never really used it. I was always a full coverage, full face kinda girl but I've had such problems with acne/blemishes on my skin. Now, I've realised how much better it looks, in the short and long term, when I wear a light foundation. So after some pondering I thought I would give this product a go! 

I love the idea of tinted moisturisers in the summer but I'm far too pale and far too oily for them to work for me. For me, this product is a great compromise. It has a good choice of fairer shades [I'm 09 Neutral Fair], its oil free and apparently waterproof, though this I am a little skeptical on. It also has the added bonus of an SPF 15, perfect for summer. [If you are out in strong sun please use extra sun protection ladies!] 

This product is not matte, but its doesn't 'glow' so its suitable for all skin types, and looks extremely natural. It doesn't shimmer or glitter [I hate glittery faces - YUCK] It just effortlessly evens out your skin tone. I like to apply with my fingers and then finish blending with a damp sponge. Its a sheer coverage so it won't cover lots of blemishes, but I like the look of a light foundation combined with a good concealer. I would also really recommend this for mature skin. I use it on my mum and she looks fab! 

Its widely available in the UK & US, and its only £20 for 45ml. [Nars Sheer Glow is £29 for 30ml] I like the packaging, but it doesn't blow me away. Its just nice and simple. The product simply squeezes out the tube. Don't forget unlike a tinted moisturiser, this product will not add tan. So if your looking for that 'bronzed goddess' look, try adding a creme bronzer. 

Hope you find this useful ladies, 


Picture Taken From The Clinique Website, Sorry I was lazy! I think my Mum & Dad bought me this for Christmas, so it wasn't send for free, obviously :) 

Labels: ,

Onna's Little Blog: New HG Summer Product - Clinique Almost Makeup

New HG Summer Product - Clinique Almost Makeup




 I completely forgot I had this product and when I first got it, I never really used it. I was always a full coverage, full face kinda girl but I've had such problems with acne/blemishes on my skin. Now, I've realised how much better it looks, in the short and long term, when I wear a light foundation. So after some pondering I thought I would give this product a go! 

I love the idea of tinted moisturisers in the summer but I'm far too pale and far too oily for them to work for me. For me, this product is a great compromise. It has a good choice of fairer shades [I'm 09 Neutral Fair], its oil free and apparently waterproof, though this I am a little skeptical on. It also has the added bonus of an SPF 15, perfect for summer. [If you are out in strong sun please use extra sun protection ladies!] 

This product is not matte, but its doesn't 'glow' so its suitable for all skin types, and looks extremely natural. It doesn't shimmer or glitter [I hate glittery faces - YUCK] It just effortlessly evens out your skin tone. I like to apply with my fingers and then finish blending with a damp sponge. Its a sheer coverage so it won't cover lots of blemishes, but I like the look of a light foundation combined with a good concealer. I would also really recommend this for mature skin. I use it on my mum and she looks fab! 

Its widely available in the UK & US, and its only £20 for 45ml. [Nars Sheer Glow is £29 for 30ml] I like the packaging, but it doesn't blow me away. Its just nice and simple. The product simply squeezes out the tube. Don't forget unlike a tinted moisturiser, this product will not add tan. So if your looking for that 'bronzed goddess' look, try adding a creme bronzer. 

Hope you find this useful ladies, 


Picture Taken From The Clinique Website, Sorry I was lazy! I think my Mum & Dad bought me this for Christmas, so it wasn't send for free, obviously :) 

Labels: ,