Jul 26, 2010

Bloggers and Body Image No.3

Photo Courtesy of the Lovely Boo Jenkinson

Name: Annabella
Age: 19
Location: Cheshire
Height: 5"6..and a half :) In my mind she's 6"2
Dress Size: 6/8

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
If i'm going to work then only about half an hour, if i'm going out on my day off more like an hour, but sometimes a very lazy hour and half due to being easily distracted!

Describe your personal style in four words? 
Classic, Chic, Trendy & (usually) Comfortable!

Who are your style/fashion Eye-Cons?
Nicole Richie is a massive inspiration for me! But, saying that, I'm much more inspired by "real" people - just people who I see looking amazing when i'm out or sometimes on other fashion/style blogs and in magazines.


What is your diet and fitness routine like? *Jealous of her Size 6/8*
Awful, I'm not going to lie! I eat lots and do absolutely no exercise, since I got my car I even drive to the shop (a 5 minute walk) to buy a bar of chocolate! It's dreadful! I'm just extremely lucky to have a ridiculously fast metabolism and good genes from my Mum who was a skinny minnie until I came along in the form of a baby bump!

What do you like best about your appearance? 
I like that I seem to be able to make myself look completely different with different hair/make up. My face seems to blend and mould into different looks, which is good when you get bored of your style/have an identity crisis!

If you could change anything about the way you look what would it be?
I'd actually really like to put some weight on, I've tried so hard for ages and even went to the doctor to ask what I can do to healthily put on some weight - so far it's not been very successful!

How much does the way you look affect how you feel? 
It's quite superficial and maybe sounds a little pretentious, but if I go out feeling bad about the way that I look I am more often than not in a FOUL mood. So I suppose it does affect me quite a lot.


Left: Boo Right: Annabella

Three Most beautiful female celebrities? 
Nicole Richie, Elle Mcpherson & Jameela Jamil (these aren't set in stone though, I change my mind all the time!)

Which celebrities make the worst role models?
Katie Price, ugh. She will literally do anything for money and seems to have no shame and no dignity left. I used to really like her, but this year that has totally changed.

How do you feel about plastic surgery? 
I think that it is 100% personal choice and situational due to each person's experiences/feelings. However, I do think that there is a limit to how much plastic surgery you can have before you totally ruin yourself..Heidi Montag?! I think it's so sad, I really think she was beautiful in the first season of The Hills, and not just compared to how she looks now.


This is AnnaBella most definitely not airbrushed <3

You opinions on airbrushing and 'perfection' in the media? 
I think it's awful. It makes us envy an 'idealistic' image that doesn't even exist and gives girls unrealistic goals and perceptions of how they "should" look. What are we trying to hide, wouldn't most girls appreciate the real thing more than a picture that makes us feel bad about ourselves and makes 'perfect' unachievable? I also think that it's pretty demeaning to the girl who has been airbrushed, that can't make you feel good about yourself.  

Would you rather be too thin or too fat? 
Obviously a happy medium, but out of the two, too thin I think.

Any words of wisdom for women lacking in confidence? 
As long as you feel good about the way that you look/what you are wearing, try not to care what other people think or let jealous girls bring you down. Too many problems come from jealousy.

Final Questions, I have to ask...how long did it take you to grow that glorious hair? 
Not all of it is my real hair, I like to make it more "voluptuous"...Shock horror ;)


Thanks Annabella for taking the time to do this interview. If your not already following her, you should be! She's gorgeous and a bit of a legend! :)

Hope you enjoyed!


Love,


Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At July 26, 2010 , Blogger Milly said...

I really like these posts honey! such a good, inspirational idea and makes for a fabulous read! Annabella speaks some wise words :) xx

 
At July 26, 2010 , Blogger *Onna's Little Blog* said...

@Milly aww thanks hun, glad you like them! And yes she does :) wise women xxx

 
At July 26, 2010 , Blogger loopilou20 said...

Aw what a great interview! x

 
At July 26, 2010 , Blogger Rachel said...

I love annabella :) You planning on doing anymore of these?

 
At July 26, 2010 , Blogger *Onna's Little Blog* said...

@loopilou20 thanks hun :) I'm sure Annabella will be glad you like it

@Rachel I love her too lol!! I'm not sure bout doing it, it depends on the feedback I get on this one and whether people want more. I would definitely like to do more posts on body image though :) x

 
At July 26, 2010 , Blogger Katherine said...

great post, i love them! :D you should definitely do more posts on body image xxxx

 
At July 26, 2010 , Blogger *Onna's Little Blog* said...

@Katherine thanks hun :) I'll try xxxx

 
At July 26, 2010 , Blogger Mia said...

This was a very good read, thanks for sharing!

 
At July 26, 2010 , Blogger Jessica Rose said...

love her!
great questions and answers
x

 
At July 27, 2010 , Blogger Sunny & Star said...

Just found your blog and I'm in love with it. Definitely becoming a follower.

http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Onna's Little Blog: Bloggers and Body Image No.3

Bloggers and Body Image No.3


Photo Courtesy of the Lovely Boo Jenkinson

Name: Annabella
Age: 19
Location: Cheshire
Height: 5"6..and a half :) In my mind she's 6"2
Dress Size: 6/8
Blog: http://annaxbella.blogspot.com/

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
If i'm going to work then only about half an hour, if i'm going out on my day off more like an hour, but sometimes a very lazy hour and half due to being easily distracted!

Describe your personal style in four words? 
Classic, Chic, Trendy & (usually) Comfortable!

Who are your style/fashion Eye-Cons?
Nicole Richie is a massive inspiration for me! But, saying that, I'm much more inspired by "real" people - just people who I see looking amazing when i'm out or sometimes on other fashion/style blogs and in magazines.


What is your diet and fitness routine like? *Jealous of her Size 6/8*
Awful, I'm not going to lie! I eat lots and do absolutely no exercise, since I got my car I even drive to the shop (a 5 minute walk) to buy a bar of chocolate! It's dreadful! I'm just extremely lucky to have a ridiculously fast metabolism and good genes from my Mum who was a skinny minnie until I came along in the form of a baby bump!

What do you like best about your appearance? 
I like that I seem to be able to make myself look completely different with different hair/make up. My face seems to blend and mould into different looks, which is good when you get bored of your style/have an identity crisis!

If you could change anything about the way you look what would it be?
I'd actually really like to put some weight on, I've tried so hard for ages and even went to the doctor to ask what I can do to healthily put on some weight - so far it's not been very successful!

How much does the way you look affect how you feel? 
It's quite superficial and maybe sounds a little pretentious, but if I go out feeling bad about the way that I look I am more often than not in a FOUL mood. So I suppose it does affect me quite a lot.


Left: Boo Right: Annabella

Three Most beautiful female celebrities? 
Nicole Richie, Elle Mcpherson & Jameela Jamil (these aren't set in stone though, I change my mind all the time!)

Which celebrities make the worst role models?
Katie Price, ugh. She will literally do anything for money and seems to have no shame and no dignity left. I used to really like her, but this year that has totally changed.

How do you feel about plastic surgery? 
I think that it is 100% personal choice and situational due to each person's experiences/feelings. However, I do think that there is a limit to how much plastic surgery you can have before you totally ruin yourself..Heidi Montag?! I think it's so sad, I really think she was beautiful in the first season of The Hills, and not just compared to how she looks now.


This is AnnaBella most definitely not airbrushed <3

You opinions on airbrushing and 'perfection' in the media? 
I think it's awful. It makes us envy an 'idealistic' image that doesn't even exist and gives girls unrealistic goals and perceptions of how they "should" look. What are we trying to hide, wouldn't most girls appreciate the real thing more than a picture that makes us feel bad about ourselves and makes 'perfect' unachievable? I also think that it's pretty demeaning to the girl who has been airbrushed, that can't make you feel good about yourself.  

Would you rather be too thin or too fat? 
Obviously a happy medium, but out of the two, too thin I think.

Any words of wisdom for women lacking in confidence? 
As long as you feel good about the way that you look/what you are wearing, try not to care what other people think or let jealous girls bring you down. Too many problems come from jealousy.

Final Questions, I have to ask...how long did it take you to grow that glorious hair? 
Not all of it is my real hair, I like to make it more "voluptuous"...Shock horror ;)


Thanks Annabella for taking the time to do this interview. If your not already following her, you should be! She's gorgeous and a bit of a legend! :)

Hope you enjoyed!


Love,


Labels: , , ,

Onna's Little Blog: Bloggers and Body Image No.3

Bloggers and Body Image No.3


Photo Courtesy of the Lovely Boo Jenkinson

Name: Annabella
Age: 19
Location: Cheshire
Height: 5"6..and a half :) In my mind she's 6"2
Dress Size: 6/8
Blog: http://annaxbella.blogspot.com/

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
If i'm going to work then only about half an hour, if i'm going out on my day off more like an hour, but sometimes a very lazy hour and half due to being easily distracted!

Describe your personal style in four words? 
Classic, Chic, Trendy & (usually) Comfortable!

Who are your style/fashion Eye-Cons?
Nicole Richie is a massive inspiration for me! But, saying that, I'm much more inspired by "real" people - just people who I see looking amazing when i'm out or sometimes on other fashion/style blogs and in magazines.


What is your diet and fitness routine like? *Jealous of her Size 6/8*
Awful, I'm not going to lie! I eat lots and do absolutely no exercise, since I got my car I even drive to the shop (a 5 minute walk) to buy a bar of chocolate! It's dreadful! I'm just extremely lucky to have a ridiculously fast metabolism and good genes from my Mum who was a skinny minnie until I came along in the form of a baby bump!

What do you like best about your appearance? 
I like that I seem to be able to make myself look completely different with different hair/make up. My face seems to blend and mould into different looks, which is good when you get bored of your style/have an identity crisis!

If you could change anything about the way you look what would it be?
I'd actually really like to put some weight on, I've tried so hard for ages and even went to the doctor to ask what I can do to healthily put on some weight - so far it's not been very successful!

How much does the way you look affect how you feel? 
It's quite superficial and maybe sounds a little pretentious, but if I go out feeling bad about the way that I look I am more often than not in a FOUL mood. So I suppose it does affect me quite a lot.


Left: Boo Right: Annabella

Three Most beautiful female celebrities? 
Nicole Richie, Elle Mcpherson & Jameela Jamil (these aren't set in stone though, I change my mind all the time!)

Which celebrities make the worst role models?
Katie Price, ugh. She will literally do anything for money and seems to have no shame and no dignity left. I used to really like her, but this year that has totally changed.

How do you feel about plastic surgery? 
I think that it is 100% personal choice and situational due to each person's experiences/feelings. However, I do think that there is a limit to how much plastic surgery you can have before you totally ruin yourself..Heidi Montag?! I think it's so sad, I really think she was beautiful in the first season of The Hills, and not just compared to how she looks now.


This is AnnaBella most definitely not airbrushed <3

You opinions on airbrushing and 'perfection' in the media? 
I think it's awful. It makes us envy an 'idealistic' image that doesn't even exist and gives girls unrealistic goals and perceptions of how they "should" look. What are we trying to hide, wouldn't most girls appreciate the real thing more than a picture that makes us feel bad about ourselves and makes 'perfect' unachievable? I also think that it's pretty demeaning to the girl who has been airbrushed, that can't make you feel good about yourself.  

Would you rather be too thin or too fat? 
Obviously a happy medium, but out of the two, too thin I think.

Any words of wisdom for women lacking in confidence? 
As long as you feel good about the way that you look/what you are wearing, try not to care what other people think or let jealous girls bring you down. Too many problems come from jealousy.

Final Questions, I have to ask...how long did it take you to grow that glorious hair? 
Not all of it is my real hair, I like to make it more "voluptuous"...Shock horror ;)


Thanks Annabella for taking the time to do this interview. If your not already following her, you should be! She's gorgeous and a bit of a legend! :)

Hope you enjoyed!


Love,


Labels: , , ,