Sep 10, 2010

Skincare Routine: Kill the Spots!

After reading the lovely a post by the lovely Fee from Makeup Savvy about her new skincare routine I was very intrigued. The basic idea she had was to cut out all the vast sea of products and get 'Back to Basics'. Now I love buying new skincare items but lets face it, after 2 years and £100's worth of products later, my skin is not looking great. I thought its only month out of my life, I'll give it a go. 

I suggest you read her original post here. You can then go check out the results here. She explains things far more in-depth and articulately than I can right now. (Bad cold fogging up my brain)

Warning Ugly Naked Skin Alert!

Before:


Sorry for the horrible scary pictures, taken using photobooth and no makeup! But you had to see them otherwise you wont know if it works right? Pffft the things I do for my blog.

First Things First... My Skin Type:

My skin is oily-combination. It can get slightly tight on the cheeks and nose, but oily in the T-Zone. I've suffered from acne for a year or so, which the doctors said was caused my stress and bad diet. Eekk Shame on me! My acne has cleared up but I have a lot of scarring and redness on my skin and I always have at least 4/5 blemishes on my skin. Right now its particularly bad and I can count about 8/9. 

My current routine:

Any Cheap Face Wipes
Sephora Eye Makeup Remover
Clinique Liquid Facial Soap
The Body Shop Tee Tree Toner
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel
The Body Shop Tee Tree Blemish Gel
Bio Oil
St Ives Face Scrub for Blemish Prone Skin
Any Lush Fresh Face Mask/Any face mask I have handy

My New Routine:

Botanics Eye Makeup Remover £2.99
SebaMed Cleansing Bar £2.50
The Body Shop Facial Buffer £3
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel £28
The Body Shop Tee Tree Blemish Gel £4

So I've gone from 9 Products for 4 and a scrubber! Not bad.... hopefully I shall get some results soon. Obviously I will only use the eye makeup remover at night, followed by the soap. I shall be using the buffer twice daily to really work the soap in to my skin and to exfoliate. I shall only be using a drop of moisturiser on my driest areas such as my nose, cheeks and my neck. The blemish gel shall only be lightly applied to the worst blemishes, unlike before where i would splodge it all over my face :/

I am also going to make a huge effort to drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day, green tea and eat lots of fruit and veggies, the do say beauty come from within :) Hopefully this will boost my results. 


See you in a month time, obviously with beautiful skin....




Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At September 10, 2010 , Blogger Katy said...

Hope this works for you!! I always think the less products you use the better for your skin. I'm currently using just salt water on my skin suggested by my dermatologist and it's worked wonders. My acne has totally disappeared. :) xxx

 
At September 10, 2010 , Blogger nicoletta said...

I will be interested to see how you get on. I am just starting with liz earle products but i change my routine a lot as nothing works for long :( xx

 
At September 10, 2010 , Blogger Abbie said...

ahh that's a really good idea, cutting down all your sincare products!! i might give that a go in the holidays! do you still wear makeup through the day?xx

http://putonyourta-ta.blogspot.com/

 
At September 10, 2010 , Blogger Makeup Savvy said...

Aww thanks for the mention! I really hope this works for you.

To be honest you skin type and from the pic, really looks like mine when I started.
Especially around the sides of the nose.

So it should really work for you, however if the Sebamed is too mild for you I suggest you buy the simple pure soap..its only around 80p and seemed to help my oily t-zone more than the sebamed.

Also good point about drinking water! That should also really help.

Let me know how you get on, on twitter.

Fee x

 
At September 10, 2010 , Blogger Emma said...

that boots eye make up remover is actually the best thing since sliced bread. ten squid cheaper than clinique and doesn't make your eyes weirdly stingy after use!

 
At September 11, 2010 , Blogger Mari said...

Thank you so much for this post, it is truly inspiring. Firstly thanks to you I discovered Makeup Savvy blog and her post about the same topic really made me think. I will see how your results will come and might try the similar thing myself :) Thankyou!

Mari
http://beatybymari.blogspot.com

 
At September 11, 2010 , Blogger Hannah said...

This is a great idea. I'll def have to pop over and read the original post too. Really interested to see the results and you have inspired me to think about doing the same! xxx

 
At September 11, 2010 , Blogger alexandra said...

sound like you're going to be doing all the right things! i definitely think drinking lots of water helps too.
Im trying to sort out my routine too and so far it seems to be good!
lots of luckk!!xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Onna's Little Blog: Skincare Routine: Kill the Spots!

Skincare Routine: Kill the Spots!

After reading the lovely a post by the lovely Fee from Makeup Savvy about her new skincare routine I was very intrigued. The basic idea she had was to cut out all the vast sea of products and get 'Back to Basics'. Now I love buying new skincare items but lets face it, after 2 years and £100's worth of products later, my skin is not looking great. I thought its only month out of my life, I'll give it a go. 

I suggest you read her original post here. You can then go check out the results here. She explains things far more in-depth and articulately than I can right now. (Bad cold fogging up my brain)

Warning Ugly Naked Skin Alert!

Before:


Sorry for the horrible scary pictures, taken using photobooth and no makeup! But you had to see them otherwise you wont know if it works right? Pffft the things I do for my blog.

First Things First... My Skin Type:

My skin is oily-combination. It can get slightly tight on the cheeks and nose, but oily in the T-Zone. I've suffered from acne for a year or so, which the doctors said was caused my stress and bad diet. Eekk Shame on me! My acne has cleared up but I have a lot of scarring and redness on my skin and I always have at least 4/5 blemishes on my skin. Right now its particularly bad and I can count about 8/9. 

My current routine:

Any Cheap Face Wipes
Sephora Eye Makeup Remover
Clinique Liquid Facial Soap
The Body Shop Tee Tree Toner
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel
The Body Shop Tee Tree Blemish Gel
Bio Oil
St Ives Face Scrub for Blemish Prone Skin
Any Lush Fresh Face Mask/Any face mask I have handy

My New Routine:

Botanics Eye Makeup Remover £2.99
SebaMed Cleansing Bar £2.50
The Body Shop Facial Buffer £3
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel £28
The Body Shop Tee Tree Blemish Gel £4

So I've gone from 9 Products for 4 and a scrubber! Not bad.... hopefully I shall get some results soon. Obviously I will only use the eye makeup remover at night, followed by the soap. I shall be using the buffer twice daily to really work the soap in to my skin and to exfoliate. I shall only be using a drop of moisturiser on my driest areas such as my nose, cheeks and my neck. The blemish gel shall only be lightly applied to the worst blemishes, unlike before where i would splodge it all over my face :/

I am also going to make a huge effort to drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day, green tea and eat lots of fruit and veggies, the do say beauty come from within :) Hopefully this will boost my results. 


See you in a month time, obviously with beautiful skin....




Labels: , , ,

Onna's Little Blog: Skincare Routine: Kill the Spots!

Skincare Routine: Kill the Spots!

After reading the lovely a post by the lovely Fee from Makeup Savvy about her new skincare routine I was very intrigued. The basic idea she had was to cut out all the vast sea of products and get 'Back to Basics'. Now I love buying new skincare items but lets face it, after 2 years and £100's worth of products later, my skin is not looking great. I thought its only month out of my life, I'll give it a go. 

I suggest you read her original post here. You can then go check out the results here. She explains things far more in-depth and articulately than I can right now. (Bad cold fogging up my brain)

Warning Ugly Naked Skin Alert!

Before:


Sorry for the horrible scary pictures, taken using photobooth and no makeup! But you had to see them otherwise you wont know if it works right? Pffft the things I do for my blog.

First Things First... My Skin Type:

My skin is oily-combination. It can get slightly tight on the cheeks and nose, but oily in the T-Zone. I've suffered from acne for a year or so, which the doctors said was caused my stress and bad diet. Eekk Shame on me! My acne has cleared up but I have a lot of scarring and redness on my skin and I always have at least 4/5 blemishes on my skin. Right now its particularly bad and I can count about 8/9. 

My current routine:

Any Cheap Face Wipes
Sephora Eye Makeup Remover
Clinique Liquid Facial Soap
The Body Shop Tee Tree Toner
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel
The Body Shop Tee Tree Blemish Gel
Bio Oil
St Ives Face Scrub for Blemish Prone Skin
Any Lush Fresh Face Mask/Any face mask I have handy

My New Routine:

Botanics Eye Makeup Remover £2.99
SebaMed Cleansing Bar £2.50
The Body Shop Facial Buffer £3
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel £28
The Body Shop Tee Tree Blemish Gel £4

So I've gone from 9 Products for 4 and a scrubber! Not bad.... hopefully I shall get some results soon. Obviously I will only use the eye makeup remover at night, followed by the soap. I shall be using the buffer twice daily to really work the soap in to my skin and to exfoliate. I shall only be using a drop of moisturiser on my driest areas such as my nose, cheeks and my neck. The blemish gel shall only be lightly applied to the worst blemishes, unlike before where i would splodge it all over my face :/

I am also going to make a huge effort to drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day, green tea and eat lots of fruit and veggies, the do say beauty come from within :) Hopefully this will boost my results. 


See you in a month time, obviously with beautiful skin....




Labels: , , ,