Aug 4, 2013

Budget Bedroom Makeover


1) Bedding - Ikea £30 2) Lily-Flame Candles - John lewis £8.50 3) Mirror Argos £29.99 4) Pintuck Cushions - Matalan £3 5) Lamps - Argos £14.99 6) Wall Clock - Ikea £17.50 7) Tealight Holder - H&M £1.99 8) Cushion Cover - H&M £7.99 9) Jar - H&M £6.99 10) Cushion Cover - H&M £12.99 11) Office Chair  - Ikea £35 12) Vase - Ikea £5.25 13) Photo Frame  - John Lewis £12 14) Bedding - Ikea £40

I've decided I need a project, something to cheer me up. I can't move out until I graduate next year so I've decided to re-decorate my room. Now I'm on a student budget and I don't want to throw money away on things that I can't use in the future so I've decided to touch up the paintwork (my walls are cream and dark purple) and paint some furniture cream with paint I already own and change the bedding and accessories to freshen the place up. My chair and mirror are also broken so I'll be replacing those, but I'm basically hoping to transform my room for under £100. I just thought I'd share some inspiration, I've got my eye on a couple of these pieces. Such simple changes can make such a big difference. Also who knew H&M had homeware?? I'll be heading to primark soon and I'll be sure to keep you guys updated with the progress... Happy home happy mind, right? I'd love to know where your favourite place to buy home ware is so leave a comment as let me know! If you are curious as to what my room looks like now, I've embedded my room tour video from my youtube channel.  


Onna xx








Labels:

8 Comments:

At August 04, 2013 , Blogger Clare said...

I love all those cushion covers and especially that full length mirror! I hope you are feeling better now :) I love your videos so try to keep your chin up! Love that dark purple in your room! xx

 
At August 04, 2013 , Blogger Maddy said...

Everything is so pretty, I love the little jars and things! x

Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

 
At August 05, 2013 , Blogger Jessica Jane B said...

You should check eBay for some shabby chic furniture projects quite cheap and stylish/vintage too! X

 
At August 06, 2013 , Blogger Patrice said...

Such a great idea,Onna! I always feel that redecorating my room can help lift my mood and cheer me up :) I'm going to use this post as inspiration for when I move to uni in September! Xx

 
At August 06, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

thank you, hopefully my room turns out nice x

 
At August 07, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

I'm definitely getting the full length mirror! Thank you so much, this makeover is definitely a good distraction x

 
At August 07, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

I don't really have a any room for more furniture but I really want one of those shabby chic mannequins! x

 
At August 07, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

aww thank you, good luck with uni in September! x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Onna's Little Blog: Budget Bedroom Makeover

Budget Bedroom Makeover


1) Bedding - Ikea £30 2) Lily-Flame Candles - John lewis £8.50 3) Mirror Argos £29.99 4) Pintuck Cushions - Matalan £3 5) Lamps - Argos £14.99 6) Wall Clock - Ikea £17.50 7) Tealight Holder - H&M £1.99 8) Cushion Cover - H&M £7.99 9) Jar - H&M £6.99 10) Cushion Cover - H&M £12.99 11) Office Chair  - Ikea £35 12) Vase - Ikea £5.25 13) Photo Frame  - John Lewis £12 14) Bedding - Ikea £40

I've decided I need a project, something to cheer me up. I can't move out until I graduate next year so I've decided to re-decorate my room. Now I'm on a student budget and I don't want to throw money away on things that I can't use in the future so I've decided to touch up the paintwork (my walls are cream and dark purple) and paint some furniture cream with paint I already own and change the bedding and accessories to freshen the place up. My chair and mirror are also broken so I'll be replacing those, but I'm basically hoping to transform my room for under £100. I just thought I'd share some inspiration, I've got my eye on a couple of these pieces. Such simple changes can make such a big difference. Also who knew H&M had homeware?? I'll be heading to primark soon and I'll be sure to keep you guys updated with the progress... Happy home happy mind, right? I'd love to know where your favourite place to buy home ware is so leave a comment as let me know! If you are curious as to what my room looks like now, I've embedded my room tour video from my youtube channel.  


Onna xx








Labels:

Onna's Little Blog: Budget Bedroom Makeover

Budget Bedroom Makeover


1) Bedding - Ikea £30 2) Lily-Flame Candles - John lewis £8.50 3) Mirror Argos £29.99 4) Pintuck Cushions - Matalan £3 5) Lamps - Argos £14.99 6) Wall Clock - Ikea £17.50 7) Tealight Holder - H&M £1.99 8) Cushion Cover - H&M £7.99 9) Jar - H&M £6.99 10) Cushion Cover - H&M £12.99 11) Office Chair  - Ikea £35 12) Vase - Ikea £5.25 13) Photo Frame  - John Lewis £12 14) Bedding - Ikea £40

I've decided I need a project, something to cheer me up. I can't move out until I graduate next year so I've decided to re-decorate my room. Now I'm on a student budget and I don't want to throw money away on things that I can't use in the future so I've decided to touch up the paintwork (my walls are cream and dark purple) and paint some furniture cream with paint I already own and change the bedding and accessories to freshen the place up. My chair and mirror are also broken so I'll be replacing those, but I'm basically hoping to transform my room for under £100. I just thought I'd share some inspiration, I've got my eye on a couple of these pieces. Such simple changes can make such a big difference. Also who knew H&M had homeware?? I'll be heading to primark soon and I'll be sure to keep you guys updated with the progress... Happy home happy mind, right? I'd love to know where your favourite place to buy home ware is so leave a comment as let me know! If you are curious as to what my room looks like now, I've embedded my room tour video from my youtube channel.  


Onna xx








Labels: