Oct 1, 2013

Foodie Fall: Cinnamon Granola Bars



This recipe I actually got from honest cooking but I made a couple of adjustments and I thought it would be good to share it with you on my blog as part from my new Foodie Fall series.  As promised with all of these recipes it is simple and easy to make, comforting and delicious. One thing you have to remember with this, is that it is not low calories and if you eat the whole tray in one go you won't lose weight. It is however packed full of energy and nutrients that will keep you full and energised. I like it because the nuts and oats keep my blood sugars stable while giving me my sweet treat fix in a slightly healthier way than my much loved toffee crisp. To keep the calories down I like to cut them into small squares and eat it with an apple and a cup of tea. Fills me up a treat! 

Recipe
160g Oats
96g Unrefined Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup Chopped Raw Almonds
1 Cup Raisins
1/2 Mixed Seeds
60g Peanut or Almond Butter
6 Tbsp or Sunflower or Coconut Oil
60ml Honey
1 Tbsp Water
  • Preheat Oven at 170ºC and line a small baking tray with foil. 
  • Blend 50g of oats until finely ground (you can buy pre-ground oatmeal if you don't have a food processor)
  • Stir together all dry ingredients and whisk together all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
  • Mix both together then spread evenly into baking tray.
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
  • Let cool completely before cutting as this is when they firm up. Cut into squares and wrap in foil.
  • You can eat them straight away, but I put them in the fridge or freezer so I always have some bars handy if I get peckish! 
Let me know if you try this! 

Onna x

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 01, 2013 , Blogger Kim said...

Such a good idea! It looks very tastefull also a healthy option for a snack at school :)

 
At October 08, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

thank you, let me know if you try it x

 
At October 08, 2013 , Blogger Imogen said...

These look lovely! I've made something very similar years ago, but think I'm going to give this recipe a try :)

Imogen - A rendezvous with you

 
At October 13, 2013 , Blogger Carolin said...

Thank you for the really delicious inspiration. I tried it yesterday and it tastes really good. But I had a big Problem with getting them out of the baking try. A big portion sticked in and I had to use force to get them out... Now I have some bars and a lot of crumbs.
Maybe I have to try it again.
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Onna's Little Blog: Foodie Fall: Cinnamon Granola Bars

Foodie Fall: Cinnamon Granola Bars



This recipe I actually got from honest cooking but I made a couple of adjustments and I thought it would be good to share it with you on my blog as part from my new Foodie Fall series.  As promised with all of these recipes it is simple and easy to make, comforting and delicious. One thing you have to remember with this, is that it is not low calories and if you eat the whole tray in one go you won't lose weight. It is however packed full of energy and nutrients that will keep you full and energised. I like it because the nuts and oats keep my blood sugars stable while giving me my sweet treat fix in a slightly healthier way than my much loved toffee crisp. To keep the calories down I like to cut them into small squares and eat it with an apple and a cup of tea. Fills me up a treat! 

Recipe
160g Oats
96g Unrefined Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup Chopped Raw Almonds
1 Cup Raisins
1/2 Mixed Seeds
60g Peanut or Almond Butter
6 Tbsp or Sunflower or Coconut Oil
60ml Honey
1 Tbsp Water
Let me know if you try this! 

Onna x

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Onna's Little Blog: Foodie Fall: Cinnamon Granola Bars

Foodie Fall: Cinnamon Granola Bars



This recipe I actually got from honest cooking but I made a couple of adjustments and I thought it would be good to share it with you on my blog as part from my new Foodie Fall series.  As promised with all of these recipes it is simple and easy to make, comforting and delicious. One thing you have to remember with this, is that it is not low calories and if you eat the whole tray in one go you won't lose weight. It is however packed full of energy and nutrients that will keep you full and energised. I like it because the nuts and oats keep my blood sugars stable while giving me my sweet treat fix in a slightly healthier way than my much loved toffee crisp. To keep the calories down I like to cut them into small squares and eat it with an apple and a cup of tea. Fills me up a treat! 

Recipe
160g Oats
96g Unrefined Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup Chopped Raw Almonds
1 Cup Raisins
1/2 Mixed Seeds
60g Peanut or Almond Butter
6 Tbsp or Sunflower or Coconut Oil
60ml Honey
1 Tbsp Water
Let me know if you try this! 

Onna x

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,