Dec 22, 2013

Lipsticks | Best of 2013



It's that time of year again, when everyone is reflecting on the year gone by and looking for a fresh start. I've found some amazing products this year and in 2014 I hope to blog much, much more. Et Viola... a new mini-series is born: The Best products of 2013. First up is lipsticks. I've fallen in love with so many lipsticks this year, so I thought they deserved their own category. I'd love to hear your favourites in the comments below as I am ALWAYS on the look out for more. Without further ado, here are the best lipstick of 2013. 



This is a beautiful matte, wine coloured lipstick which has been wore by so many bloggers this season. It smells amazing and lasts really well on the lips. It is also surprisingly creamy given the matte finish. The best part is it is only £5.49 so a great one to try if you want to get out of your comfort zone but are not sure how often you will wear it. You can see me wearing this colour in this video here


YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in Violet Incognito
This is one of my more recent purchases and you can see me wearing it in my latest video here. This lipstick is a creamy glossy formula which is so easy to wear when your lips get dry in winter. It just feels so luxurious in the packaging and on the lips. This is the one for you if you want a real treat for yourself (or someone else if you are feeling generous.) It retails for around £24.00 so definitely much higher end than the rest of the lipsticks in this post.  

This is one of the few lipsticks I've almost finished, and will most certainly be repurchasing it! I'm wearing it in this video here and it is that gorgeous 'my lips but better shade'. I hate that saying but its so apt in this case. It's the perfect alternative to a nude lipstick when you want something super natural. The glossy, slightly sparkly finish lifts and warms your face beautifully without being too much. It now retails for £15. Such a shame Mac have put their prices up so much but this one is still worth it. 


Another natural glossy shade, but this time a little nuder. I'm wearing it in this video here. It has a serum inside the lipstick which is supposed to nourish your lips. I'm not convinced this has any long term affects but the colour does apply beautifully. This slightly pinky shade is also not too pale, avoiding that washed out ghost look that pale girls like myself need to avoid. This one retails for £8.69, so slightly pricier than the Rimmel but still a good deal. 



This was one of my favourite shades to wear in the hotter months. I'm wearing it in this video here which was filmed back in the August heat wave. It's so easy to apply on the go, you don't even need a mirror. It's also really light and moisturising. I loved wearing this with a tinted moisturiser and mascara. It's the perfect summer day time lip product and only £7.99.


This lipstick was a present from my brothers girlfriend (Thanks Charlie!) and as you can see by the packaging, it is very loved! I always feel like this is how good cosmetics should look - used and loved. The only way I can keep packaging pristine is to never use the products, and I only do that when it's crap! This is a beautiful, deep burgundy vampy shade. Again the finish is soft, similar to MAC's lustre lipsticks leaving the colour looking like a soft stain on the lips when you apply with a light hand. What is great is that you can dab it on lightly in the day them amp up the colour at night and go for a really bold gothic look. It retails for £8 and if you are a student you will get 10% off that - bargain! You can see me wearing it in this video here where I talk about my favourite lip products. 


I've has so many questions about this lipstick. I picked it up years ago at B&INTM Live Event on a whim for cheap as chips. I wore it in several videos and fell in love with it. Can you tell I love my vampy burgundy lips? It retails for about $5 in the US but it's much easier and cheaper to get in the UK nowadays. This product is so easy to apply, you don't need a liner or a lip brush. It is so creamy and moisturising and is definitely an all time favourite lip product. I'm wearing it in this video here.


Hope you enjoyed this post, next up with be Best of Makeup for 2013. Merry Christmas Everyone and a Happy New Year xxx


Labels:

5 Comments:

At December 22, 2013 , Blogger Maddy said...

Love the look of all of these, the Rouge Voluptes are my favourite too! x

Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

 
At December 23, 2013 , Blogger Katrina@capturingmoments said...

Thanks for the tips. x

 
At December 23, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

you're welcome x

 
At December 23, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

they are amazing, I need more in my life x

 
At December 23, 2013 , Blogger Vanessa Buttino said...

My favourite lipstick discoveries of 2013 are Rimmel's Kate Moss 107 and MAC's Rebel. Oh, and MAC's Syrup. OMG I couldn't live without those lipsticks. For 2014 I'd like to get my hands on NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Onna's Little Blog: Lipsticks | Best of 2013

Lipsticks | Best of 2013



It's that time of year again, when everyone is reflecting on the year gone by and looking for a fresh start. I've found some amazing products this year and in 2014 I hope to blog much, much more. Et Viola... a new mini-series is born: The Best products of 2013. First up is lipsticks. I've fallen in love with so many lipsticks this year, so I thought they deserved their own category. I'd love to hear your favourites in the comments below as I am ALWAYS on the look out for more. Without further ado, here are the best lipstick of 2013. 



Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 107
This is a beautiful matte, wine coloured lipstick which has been wore by so many bloggers this season. It smells amazing and lasts really well on the lips. It is also surprisingly creamy given the matte finish. The best part is it is only £5.49 so a great one to try if you want to get out of your comfort zone but are not sure how often you will wear it. You can see me wearing this colour in this video here


YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in Violet Incognito
This is one of my more recent purchases and you can see me wearing it in my latest video here. This lipstick is a creamy glossy formula which is so easy to wear when your lips get dry in winter. It just feels so luxurious in the packaging and on the lips. This is the one for you if you want a real treat for yourself (or someone else if you are feeling generous.) It retails for around £24.00 so definitely much higher end than the rest of the lipsticks in this post.  

MAC Sweetie Lipstick (Lustre Finish) 
This is one of the few lipsticks I've almost finished, and will most certainly be repurchasing it! I'm wearing it in this video here and it is that gorgeous 'my lips but better shade'. I hate that saying but its so apt in this case. It's the perfect alternative to a nude lipstick when you want something super natural. The glossy, slightly sparkly finish lifts and warms your face beautifully without being too much. It now retails for £15. Such a shame Mac have put their prices up so much but this one is still worth it. 


L'oreal Colour Riche Serum Lipstick in Freshly Rosy
Another natural glossy shade, but this time a little nuder. I'm wearing it in this video here. It has a serum inside the lipstick which is supposed to nourish your lips. I'm not convinced this has any long term affects but the colour does apply beautifully. This slightly pinky shade is also not too pale, avoiding that washed out ghost look that pale girls like myself need to avoid. This one retails for £8.69, so slightly pricier than the Rimmel but still a good deal. 



Revlon Colourstay Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade
This was one of my favourite shades to wear in the hotter months. I'm wearing it in this video here which was filmed back in the August heat wave. It's so easy to apply on the go, you don't even need a mirror. It's also really light and moisturising. I loved wearing this with a tinted moisturiser and mascara. It's the perfect summer day time lip product and only £7.99.


Topshop Lipstick in Beguiled 
This lipstick was a present from my brothers girlfriend (Thanks Charlie!) and as you can see by the packaging, it is very loved! I always feel like this is how good cosmetics should look - used and loved. The only way I can keep packaging pristine is to never use the products, and I only do that when it's crap! This is a beautiful, deep burgundy vampy shade. Again the finish is soft, similar to MAC's lustre lipsticks leaving the colour looking like a soft stain on the lips when you apply with a light hand. What is great is that you can dab it on lightly in the day them amp up the colour at night and go for a really bold gothic look. It retails for £8 and if you are a student you will get 10% off that - bargain! You can see me wearing it in this video here where I talk about my favourite lip products. 


NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Narcisse 
I've has so many questions about this lipstick. I picked it up years ago at B&INTM Live Event on a whim for cheap as chips. I wore it in several videos and fell in love with it. Can you tell I love my vampy burgundy lips? It retails for about $5 in the US but it's much easier and cheaper to get in the UK nowadays. This product is so easy to apply, you don't need a liner or a lip brush. It is so creamy and moisturising and is definitely an all time favourite lip product. I'm wearing it in this video here.


Hope you enjoyed this post, next up with be Best of Makeup for 2013. Merry Christmas Everyone and a Happy New Year xxx


Labels:

Onna's Little Blog: Lipsticks | Best of 2013

Lipsticks | Best of 2013



It's that time of year again, when everyone is reflecting on the year gone by and looking for a fresh start. I've found some amazing products this year and in 2014 I hope to blog much, much more. Et Viola... a new mini-series is born: The Best products of 2013. First up is lipsticks. I've fallen in love with so many lipsticks this year, so I thought they deserved their own category. I'd love to hear your favourites in the comments below as I am ALWAYS on the look out for more. Without further ado, here are the best lipstick of 2013. 



Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 107
This is a beautiful matte, wine coloured lipstick which has been wore by so many bloggers this season. It smells amazing and lasts really well on the lips. It is also surprisingly creamy given the matte finish. The best part is it is only £5.49 so a great one to try if you want to get out of your comfort zone but are not sure how often you will wear it. You can see me wearing this colour in this video here


YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in Violet Incognito
This is one of my more recent purchases and you can see me wearing it in my latest video here. This lipstick is a creamy glossy formula which is so easy to wear when your lips get dry in winter. It just feels so luxurious in the packaging and on the lips. This is the one for you if you want a real treat for yourself (or someone else if you are feeling generous.) It retails for around £24.00 so definitely much higher end than the rest of the lipsticks in this post.  

MAC Sweetie Lipstick (Lustre Finish) 
This is one of the few lipsticks I've almost finished, and will most certainly be repurchasing it! I'm wearing it in this video here and it is that gorgeous 'my lips but better shade'. I hate that saying but its so apt in this case. It's the perfect alternative to a nude lipstick when you want something super natural. The glossy, slightly sparkly finish lifts and warms your face beautifully without being too much. It now retails for £15. Such a shame Mac have put their prices up so much but this one is still worth it. 


L'oreal Colour Riche Serum Lipstick in Freshly Rosy
Another natural glossy shade, but this time a little nuder. I'm wearing it in this video here. It has a serum inside the lipstick which is supposed to nourish your lips. I'm not convinced this has any long term affects but the colour does apply beautifully. This slightly pinky shade is also not too pale, avoiding that washed out ghost look that pale girls like myself need to avoid. This one retails for £8.69, so slightly pricier than the Rimmel but still a good deal. 



Revlon Colourstay Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade
This was one of my favourite shades to wear in the hotter months. I'm wearing it in this video here which was filmed back in the August heat wave. It's so easy to apply on the go, you don't even need a mirror. It's also really light and moisturising. I loved wearing this with a tinted moisturiser and mascara. It's the perfect summer day time lip product and only £7.99.


Topshop Lipstick in Beguiled 
This lipstick was a present from my brothers girlfriend (Thanks Charlie!) and as you can see by the packaging, it is very loved! I always feel like this is how good cosmetics should look - used and loved. The only way I can keep packaging pristine is to never use the products, and I only do that when it's crap! This is a beautiful, deep burgundy vampy shade. Again the finish is soft, similar to MAC's lustre lipsticks leaving the colour looking like a soft stain on the lips when you apply with a light hand. What is great is that you can dab it on lightly in the day them amp up the colour at night and go for a really bold gothic look. It retails for £8 and if you are a student you will get 10% off that - bargain! You can see me wearing it in this video here where I talk about my favourite lip products. 


NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Narcisse 
I've has so many questions about this lipstick. I picked it up years ago at B&INTM Live Event on a whim for cheap as chips. I wore it in several videos and fell in love with it. Can you tell I love my vampy burgundy lips? It retails for about $5 in the US but it's much easier and cheaper to get in the UK nowadays. This product is so easy to apply, you don't need a liner or a lip brush. It is so creamy and moisturising and is definitely an all time favourite lip product. I'm wearing it in this video here.


Hope you enjoyed this post, next up with be Best of Makeup for 2013. Merry Christmas Everyone and a Happy New Year xxx


Labels: