Dec 29, 2013

Makeup | Best of 2013


This is part two of my Best of 2013 series and this time it's all about the makeup. When I find a product I love I tend to use it all the time. So for those of you who watch my videos you will be well aware of some of these products and my undying love for them. 


Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua Foundation 
I've been using this foundation for about two or three years and I rarely use anything else. I've got a beautiful dewy (but not shiny) finish and is so light and easy to blend. This makes it quick and easy to apply and well as natural looking on the skin. It's not very heavy coverage though, so I tend to use an opaque concealer on any scarring or blemishes as it doesn't cover those. It's also a little pricey at £32 but for my sensitive skin it is totally worth it. So many other foundations break me out or irritate my skin but this is always a safe bet. As long as they keep making it, I will keep buying it! 


This one bottle has lasted me two, maybe three years and I use it all the time. Although it has a hefty Chanel price tag of £31 it actually turned out to be a bit of a bargain product given how well it's lasted. It is a beautiful golden liquid highlighter that makes the skin glow without shimmer. It's natural enough to dab on for the day time but also looks gorgeous in the evenings. The only downside is the packaging. It's beautiful yes, but not very practical. You have to pore the highlighter out as it has no pump which means you often get too much and it can be quite messy. Despite all this I am truly in love with this highlighter and I would never be without it! 


I actually won this blush in a blog competition years ago, and I had never tried anything from Illamasqua. I couldn't be happier with the price I received as it started my love of all things liquid and cream. This colour is the perfect doll-like pink which adds a beautiful flush to the cheek. It's extremely pigmented so you don't need a lot and it blends really nicely onto the skin. For £18 a pop I really don't think it is a bad price and I cannot wait to try more Illamasqua blushes. 


I picked up this gorgeous highlighter on Oxford Street after Rhiannon from DollFaceRee introduced me to it. It's certainly not something I'd recommend wearing during the day, or if you do have a very light hand.It is so glowy and pigmented and can look a little too much in daylight. It photographs beautifully however, so is perfect for nights out. I also love the price tag - £8. You can't really go wrong with TopShop makeup and I'm a massive fan of their whole range. 


I picked this up when doing a 'hautorial' for Polished. It was on a complete whim and was before I'd heard any of the hype. Turns out it is actually a beautiful creamy eyeshadow stick with great pigmentation. The warm, reddish bronze colour also really brings out green and blue outs so works great for me. It's only £6 and is a really quick and easy way to wear a bit of eyeshadow when you are in a rush, or if you want a really simple, pretty smokey eye. 


This is one of those products that doesn't blow your mind when you use it. However, it does deserve a mention because of the amazing £1 price tag. It's one of the products you don't know you need until you get it. I never used brow gel and thought it was a waste of money. Eventually I thought why not give this one a go since it's so cheap and I could be happier. It not only tames my busy unruly brows (oh how in fashion I am) but it also helps to blend the other products I have in my brows to cheap them looking natural and polished. Yes, it does look a bit manky now but I love this brow gel. I can't help it. 

Hope you enjoyed this little rundown of my favourite makeup products of 2013. Next up will be skin and hair care. Hope you all had an amazing christmas and Happy New Year everyone. 

Onna x


Labels:

11 Comments:

At December 29, 2013 , Blogger Vanessa Buttino said...

I'm dying to visit a Chanel makeup counter to get that foundation! I don't have any Chanel makeup items in my collection right now so if I DO decide to purchase that one, it'll be my first :) Can't wait to try it!

 
At December 29, 2013 , Blogger Leanne Marie said...

I've had my eye on that chanel 'highlighter' for such a long time. I have so many other highlighters in my collection though that I cant justify buying another one, especially at that price! If I manage to finish up a couple of the ones I already have I may treat myself at some point in 2014!

Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

 
At December 29, 2013 , Blogger Maddy said...

Love the look of that illamasqua blush, the colour is gorgeous! x

Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

 
At December 29, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

ahh I hope you like it! Make sure you get a sample or try it on first! xxxx

 
At December 29, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

it is so beautiful if you ever do get it you will love it x

 
At December 29, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

it is amazing Maddy xxx

 
At December 29, 2013 , Blogger Emma said...

I love the Topshop highlighter! Really been enjoying the Rimmel Scandaleyes pencils too, the one in black is great for a smokey eye base

www.walking-in-heels.blogspot.com

xxx

 
At December 30, 2013 , Blogger Amber Oakes said...

I really want to try the Chanel foundation and the Topshop highlighter.

http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk xx

 
At December 30, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

oh never thought of getting the black one, thanks Emma! xx

 
At December 30, 2013 , Blogger Onna said...

you need them in your life ;)

 
At January 05, 2014 , Blogger Wanischa S said...

I need to try Chanel Vita Lumiere. I love dewy foundation.

Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Giveaway.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Onna's Little Blog: Makeup | Best of 2013

Makeup | Best of 2013


This is part two of my Best of 2013 series and this time it's all about the makeup. When I find a product I love I tend to use it all the time. So for those of you who watch my videos you will be well aware of some of these products and my undying love for them. 


Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua Foundation 
I've been using this foundation for about two or three years and I rarely use anything else. I've got a beautiful dewy (but not shiny) finish and is so light and easy to blend. This makes it quick and easy to apply and well as natural looking on the skin. It's not very heavy coverage though, so I tend to use an opaque concealer on any scarring or blemishes as it doesn't cover those. It's also a little pricey at £32 but for my sensitive skin it is totally worth it. So many other foundations break me out or irritate my skin but this is always a safe bet. As long as they keep making it, I will keep buying it! 


Soleil Tan De Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid
This one bottle has lasted me two, maybe three years and I use it all the time. Although it has a hefty Chanel price tag of £31 it actually turned out to be a bit of a bargain product given how well it's lasted. It is a beautiful golden liquid highlighter that makes the skin glow without shimmer. It's natural enough to dab on for the day time but also looks gorgeous in the evenings. The only downside is the packaging. It's beautiful yes, but not very practical. You have to pore the highlighter out as it has no pump which means you often get too much and it can be quite messy. Despite all this I am truly in love with this highlighter and I would never be without it! 


Illamasqua Cream Blush in Promise
I actually won this blush in a blog competition years ago, and I had never tried anything from Illamasqua. I couldn't be happier with the price I received as it started my love of all things liquid and cream. This colour is the perfect doll-like pink which adds a beautiful flush to the cheek. It's extremely pigmented so you don't need a lot and it blends really nicely onto the skin. For £18 a pop I really don't think it is a bad price and I cannot wait to try more Illamasqua blushes. 


Topshop Highlighter in Crescent Moon 
I picked up this gorgeous highlighter on Oxford Street after Rhiannon from DollFaceRee introduced me to it. It's certainly not something I'd recommend wearing during the day, or if you do have a very light hand.It is so glowy and pigmented and can look a little too much in daylight. It photographs beautifully however, so is perfect for nights out. I also love the price tag - £8. You can't really go wrong with TopShop makeup and I'm a massive fan of their whole range. 


Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bad Girl Bronze 
I picked this up when doing a 'hautorial' for Polished. It was on a complete whim and was before I'd heard any of the hype. Turns out it is actually a beautiful creamy eyeshadow stick with great pigmentation. The warm, reddish bronze colour also really brings out green and blue outs so works great for me. It's only £6 and is a really quick and easy way to wear a bit of eyeshadow when you are in a rush, or if you want a really simple, pretty smokey eye. 


MUA Clear Mascara 
This is one of those products that doesn't blow your mind when you use it. However, it does deserve a mention because of the amazing £1 price tag. It's one of the products you don't know you need until you get it. I never used brow gel and thought it was a waste of money. Eventually I thought why not give this one a go since it's so cheap and I could be happier. It not only tames my busy unruly brows (oh how in fashion I am) but it also helps to blend the other products I have in my brows to cheap them looking natural and polished. Yes, it does look a bit manky now but I love this brow gel. I can't help it. 

Hope you enjoyed this little rundown of my favourite makeup products of 2013. Next up will be skin and hair care. Hope you all had an amazing christmas and Happy New Year everyone. 

Onna x


Labels:

Onna's Little Blog: Makeup | Best of 2013

Makeup | Best of 2013


This is part two of my Best of 2013 series and this time it's all about the makeup. When I find a product I love I tend to use it all the time. So for those of you who watch my videos you will be well aware of some of these products and my undying love for them. 


Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua Foundation 
I've been using this foundation for about two or three years and I rarely use anything else. I've got a beautiful dewy (but not shiny) finish and is so light and easy to blend. This makes it quick and easy to apply and well as natural looking on the skin. It's not very heavy coverage though, so I tend to use an opaque concealer on any scarring or blemishes as it doesn't cover those. It's also a little pricey at £32 but for my sensitive skin it is totally worth it. So many other foundations break me out or irritate my skin but this is always a safe bet. As long as they keep making it, I will keep buying it! 


Soleil Tan De Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid
This one bottle has lasted me two, maybe three years and I use it all the time. Although it has a hefty Chanel price tag of £31 it actually turned out to be a bit of a bargain product given how well it's lasted. It is a beautiful golden liquid highlighter that makes the skin glow without shimmer. It's natural enough to dab on for the day time but also looks gorgeous in the evenings. The only downside is the packaging. It's beautiful yes, but not very practical. You have to pore the highlighter out as it has no pump which means you often get too much and it can be quite messy. Despite all this I am truly in love with this highlighter and I would never be without it! 


Illamasqua Cream Blush in Promise
I actually won this blush in a blog competition years ago, and I had never tried anything from Illamasqua. I couldn't be happier with the price I received as it started my love of all things liquid and cream. This colour is the perfect doll-like pink which adds a beautiful flush to the cheek. It's extremely pigmented so you don't need a lot and it blends really nicely onto the skin. For £18 a pop I really don't think it is a bad price and I cannot wait to try more Illamasqua blushes. 


Topshop Highlighter in Crescent Moon 
I picked up this gorgeous highlighter on Oxford Street after Rhiannon from DollFaceRee introduced me to it. It's certainly not something I'd recommend wearing during the day, or if you do have a very light hand.It is so glowy and pigmented and can look a little too much in daylight. It photographs beautifully however, so is perfect for nights out. I also love the price tag - £8. You can't really go wrong with TopShop makeup and I'm a massive fan of their whole range. 


Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bad Girl Bronze 
I picked this up when doing a 'hautorial' for Polished. It was on a complete whim and was before I'd heard any of the hype. Turns out it is actually a beautiful creamy eyeshadow stick with great pigmentation. The warm, reddish bronze colour also really brings out green and blue outs so works great for me. It's only £6 and is a really quick and easy way to wear a bit of eyeshadow when you are in a rush, or if you want a really simple, pretty smokey eye. 


MUA Clear Mascara 
This is one of those products that doesn't blow your mind when you use it. However, it does deserve a mention because of the amazing £1 price tag. It's one of the products you don't know you need until you get it. I never used brow gel and thought it was a waste of money. Eventually I thought why not give this one a go since it's so cheap and I could be happier. It not only tames my busy unruly brows (oh how in fashion I am) but it also helps to blend the other products I have in my brows to cheap them looking natural and polished. Yes, it does look a bit manky now but I love this brow gel. I can't help it. 

Hope you enjoyed this little rundown of my favourite makeup products of 2013. Next up will be skin and hair care. Hope you all had an amazing christmas and Happy New Year everyone. 

Onna x


Labels: